Skip to content
- The data we routinely collect includes names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of members and also records of relevant financial transactions. We collect this data directly from our members when they join the club. We also hold the same type of information for others whose services we use, have used or may use in support of the aims of the club.
- Members and potential members may sign up on the website and so share their contact information with others who have signed up. Subscription requests are manually checked before approval.
- Contact information for members of the committee and others allocated specific responsibilities by the committee may, with their agreement, be available from the website.
- For some of our members we may have additional information such as roles that they carry out within the club.
- We use members’ data for the administration of membership; the communication of information, and the organisation of events.
- With the permission of a member his personal data my be shared with the Federation or with the Croquet Association.
- We do not pass your data to any other individual or organisation.
- This information is mainly stored in digital form on computers under the control of the secretary and the treasurer and on a website hosted by SIteGround on a server in the UK.
- The chair of the committee is responsible for ensuring that the club discharges its obligations under the GDPR.
- Committee members and others allocated specific responsibilities by the committee have access to members’ data in order for them to carry out their legitimate tasks for the club.
- We collect personal data that is necessary for the purposes of its legitimate interests as a membership organisation. We maintain records to comply with Charity Law and to comply with our legal obligations.
- You can contact us with a “Subject Access Request” if you want to ask us to provide you with any other information we hold about you. If you are interested in any particular aspects, specifying them will help us to provide you with what you need quickly and efficiently. We are required to provide this to you within one month. There is not usually a fee for this, though we can charge a reasonable fee based on the administrative cost of providing the information if a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, or for requests for further copies of the same information.
- We may also keep records of the medical requirements of children and vulnerable adults.
- If you would like us to delete data relating to you, please contact the Secretary. It will be deleted if we are legally permitted to do so.
- We normally keep members’ data after they resign or their membership lapses in case they later wish to re-join.
- We normally keep members’ information after they die. If requested by their next-of-kin to delete such information it will be deleted if we are legally permitted to do so.
Back to Top